[Python-Dev] Python as a Metro-style App

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jan 8 04:17:14 CET 2012

Zitat von Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com>:

>> A then-related question is whether Python 3.3 should be compiled with
>> Visual Studio 11. I'd still be in favor of that, provided Microsoft
>> manages to
>> release that soon enough.
>>

> Martin, I assume you mean the Express version of Visual Studio 11 here,
> right?

*Here*, I mean "Visual Studio 11, any edition". I don't think the
edition matters
for determining what version the project files have - any edition will be able
to read the project files, Express or not.

If you are specifically asking whether I would make the release of the
express edition a prerequisite to releasing Python: no, I wouldn't. I would
expect that Microsoft releases the express edition along with or soon after
the commercial editions, and the commercial edition is sufficient for running
the Python release process.

Regards,
Martin