[Python-Dev] Python C API: Problem sending tuple to a method of a python Class

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Jan 10 09:35:44 CET 2012

Hi,

sorry for hooking into this off-topic thread.

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc, 09.01.2012 19:09:
> 2012/1/9 <pasparis at noos.fr>
>> I am trying to send a tuple to a method of a python class and I got a Run
>> failed from netbeans compiler
>> when I want to send a tuple to a simple method in a module it works,when I
>> want to send a simple parameter to a method of a clas it works also but not
>> a tuple to a method of a class
>
> This mailing list is for the development *of* python.
> For development *with* python, please ask your questions on
> the comp.lang.python group or the python-list at python.org mailing list.
> There you will find friendly people willing to help.

It's also worth mentioning the cython-users mailing list here, in case the
OP cares about simplifying these kinds of issues from the complexity of
C/C++ into Python. Cython is a really good and simple way to implement
these kinds of language interactions, also for embedding Python.

> [for your particular question: keep in mind that PyObject_Call takes
> arguments as a tuple;
> if you want to pass one tuple, you need to build a 1-tuple around your
> tuple]

The presented code also requires a whole lot of fixes (specifically in the
error handling parts) that Cython would basically just handle for you already.

Stefan