[Python-Dev] cpython: Implement PEP 380 - 'yield from' (closes #11682)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:04:55 CET 2012

https://bitbucket.org/ncoghlan/cpython_sandbox/changesets/tip/branch%28%22pep380%22%29

> I see.  I hadn't followed the development of PEP 380 closely before.
>
> In any case, it is probably a good idea to mention this branch URL in the
> commit message in case it is meant to be kept permanently  (it would also
be
> possible to put only that branch of your sandbox into another clone at
> hg.python.org).

You're right we should have a PSF-controlled copy of the entire branch
history in cases like this. I actually still keep an irregularly updated
clone of my entire sandbox repo on hg.python.org (that's actually where it
started), so I'll refresh that and add a link to the pep380 branch history
into the tracker item that covered the PEP 380 integration into 3.3.

> > (Vaguely related tangent: the new code added by the patch probably has
> > a few parts that could benefit from the new GetAttrId private API)
>
> Maybe another candidate for an issue, so that we don't forget?

I just added a note about it to the C API cleanup tracker item.