[Python-Dev] Script(s) for building Python on Windows

Jason R. Coombs jaraco at jaraco.com
Tue Jan 17 04:08:27 CET 2012

I upgraded the solution file using Visual Studio, then followed those
instructions suggested by the article, but the solution no longer builds
under Visual Studio 2008, so apparently that answer is incorrect.

Perhaps it's possible to upgrade the .sln in a less aggressive way than the
Visual Studio tools do by default, but my initial experience suggests it
won't be as easy to upgrade/downgrade the solution file as it was between
VS8/VS9.