[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] peps: specify Provides-Extra

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Fri Jul 6 16:54:39 CEST 2012

Le 06/07/2012 10:36, benjamin.peterson a écrit :
> http://hg.python.org/peps/rev/4dc72bbf9ed2
> changeset:   4483:4dc72bbf9ed2
> user:        Daniel Holth<dholth at fastmail.fm>
> date:        Wed Jul 04 07:30:08 2012 -0400
> summary:
>    specify Provides-Extra

Sorry, but this was premature.  The mail on distutils-sig only describes
the syntax for a new field without any explanation of the semantics and
use case, not the relation to the Setup-Requires and Test-Requires
fields that we’ve been discussing for some time (and which would make
part of the Extra proposal obsolete).  I know Alexis and I are not as
active as other devs in mailing lists and PEPs, but these things are on
our radar and we want to push them forward.  Please allow the discussion
to take place before editing the packaging PEPs.

Regards