[Python-Dev] whither PEP 407 and 413 (release cycle PEPs)?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 02:23:50 CEST 2012

My preference is that we plan and prepare during the 3.4 cycle, with a view
to making a change for 3.5.

I'd also like the first 3.4 alpha to be released in parallel with 3.3.1

Both PEPs should be updated with concrete transition and communication
plans before any other action can seriously be considered. We have the
potential to seriously upset a *lot* of people if we handle such a change
badly (particularly when so many are still annoyed about Python 3).

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Sent from my phone, thus the relative brevity :)