[Python-Dev] Issue #11022: locale.getpreferredencoding() must not set temporary LC_CTYPE

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jun 5 07:52:26 CEST 2012

> Can I change this behaviour (before the first beta) in Python 3.3?

Fine with me. That code predates 43e32b2b4004. I don't recall
discussion to set the LC_CTYPE locale and not take it back, but
apparently, this is what Python currently does, which means that
another setlocale call is not necessary.

So in theory, your change should have no effect, unless somebody has
modified some environment variables.

Regards,
Martin