[Python-Dev] Tunable parameters in dictobject.c (was dictnotes.txt out of date?)

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Jun 14 13:32:17 CEST 2012

FYI, I had to visit those parameters for my PS3 port and cut down on the bombastic memory footprint of 2.7 dicts.
 Some the supposedly tunable parameters aren´t tunable at all.
See http://blog.ccpgames.com/kristjan/2012/04/25/optimizing-the-dict/
Speed and memory are most often conflicting requirements.  I would like to two or more compile time
settings to choose from:  Memory optimal, speed optimal, (and mix).

Cheers,