[Python-Dev] PEP 397 - Last Comments

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 06:16:23 CEST 2012

Sorry, but I missed the announcement of an updated PEP.

It looks good to me!  Also, I see no reason not to always use a 32bit
version of the launcher other than (a) the 64bit code already exists and
works and (b) it might mean it is no longer possible to do a complete
build of a 64bit Python without the 32bit compilers installed.  But (b)
is really only a theoretical problem so I think in practice it would be
fine either way.

Thanks to Martin for updating it - I agree it is vastly improved!

Cheers,

Mark