[Python-Dev] Status of packaging in 3.3

Donald Stufft donald.stufft at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:38:49 CEST 2012

On Friday, June 22, 2012 at 6:20 AM, David Cournapeau wrote:
> If by manifest you mean the build manifest, then that's not desirable:
> the manifest contains the explicit filenames, and those are
> platform/environment specific. You don't want this to be user-facing.

It appears I misunderstood the files that bento uses then ;) It is late (well early now)
and I have not used bento extensively.

What I suggest mirrors RPM's similarly except the build step (when there is indeed a
build step) is handled by a python script included in the package by the author of said
package.