[Python-Dev] cpython: Issue #15177: Added dir_fd parameter to os.fwalk().

Georg Brandl g.brandl-nospam at gmx.net
Mon Jun 25 18:13:29 CEST 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:01:19 -0400
> Von: Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org>
> An: python-dev at python.org
> Betreff: Re: [Python-Dev] cpython: Issue #15177: Added dir_fd parameter to os.fwalk().

> On Jun 25, 2012, at 02:17 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:49:14 +0200
> >larry.hastings <python-checkins at python.org> wrote:
> >> http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/7bebd9870c75
> >> changeset:   77770:7bebd9870c75
> >> user:        Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org>
> >> date:        Mon Jun 25 04:49:05 2012 -0700
> >> summary:
> >>   Issue #15177: Added dir_fd parameter to os.fwalk().
> >
> >Was it really a good idea to rush this? It's not fixing anything, just
> >adding a new API.

How do you know it was rushed?  There is plenty time for testing during the beta period.

> Wouldn't this be considered a new feature added past the beta feature
> freeze?
> I didn't see any explicit permission from the 3.3 RM in the tracker issues
> for
> this commit.  I don't read Georg's comment in msg163937 as providing that
> permission.  Please either revert or have Georg approve the patch in the
> tracker.

Relax.  It was with my permission.  IMO it is quite a logical extension of fwalk using the new features supporting dir_fd -- the whole point of fwalk() is working with directory fds instead of names.

cheers,
Georg