[Python-Dev] 3.3 feature freeze

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Mon Jun 25 23:03:05 CEST 2012

Am 25.06.2012 22:34, schrieb Éric Araujo:
> Hi,
>
>> please consider the default branch frozen for new features as of now.
>> As you know, this also includes changes like large cleanups that cannot
>> be considered bug fixes. [...]
>>
>> I hope that we will see the branch (and the buildbots) calm down and
>> stabilize a bit tomorrow, so that everything is ready for Tuesday.
>
> Can bug fixes be committed as usual or should we wait?

Yes, they can be committed: I'll branch a release clone for tagging.

>  Also, when will
> the 3.3 branch be started and default be open again to features?

I think the first rc is a good time for that.  Until then, it is a good
thing for everyone to be able to concentrate on bugfixing.

A final 3.2 bugfix release will follow soon after 3.3.0, after which 3.2
will go into security mode, so that the time with three active 3.x branches
will be short.

cheers,
Georg