[Python-Dev] Add a frozendict builtin type

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 00:13:01 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would (apparently) help Victor to fix issues in his pysandbox
> project. I don't know if a secure Python sandbox is an important
> enough concept to warrant core changes to make it possible.

If a secure Python sandbox had been available last year, we would
probably be still using Python at work for end-user scripting, instead
of having had to switch to Javascript. At least, that would be the
case if this sandbox is what I think it is (we embed a scripting
language in our C++ main engine, and allow end users to customize and
partly drive our code). But features enabling that needn't be core; I
wouldn't object to having to get some third-party add-ons to make it
all work.

Chris Angelico