[Python-Dev] Add a frozendict builtin type

André Malo nd at perlig.de
Thu Mar 1 14:26:46 CET 2012

On Thursday 01 March 2012 14:07:10 Victor Stinner wrote:
> > Here are my real-world use cases. Not for security, but for safety and
> > performance reasons (I've built by own RODict and ROList modeled after
> > dictproxy):
> >
> > - Global, but immutable containers, e.g. as class members
>
> I attached type_final.patch to the issue #14162 to demonstrate how
> frozendict can be used to implement a "read-only" type. Last version:
> http://bugs.python.org/file24696/type_final.patch

Oh, hmm. I rather meant something like that:

"""
class Foo:
    some_mapping = frozendict(
        blah=1, blub=2
    )

or as a variant:

def zonk(some_default=frozendict(...)):

or simply a global object:

baz = frozendict(some_immutable_mapping)
"""

I'm not sure about your final types. I'm using __slots__ = () for such things
(?)

nd