[Python-Dev] problem with recursive "yield from" delegation

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 00:57:42 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> I ran into this while trying to adapt the implementation for Cython, which
> has a different generator type implementation but otherwise uses more or
> less the same code now. But I'm not sure how to fix this one without major
> changes to the implementation, especially not without special casing the
> generator type on delegation (which won't work because CPython doesn't know
> about Cython generators). Any ideas?

After tinkering with it a bit, a couple of my original guesses as to
the underlying problem were clearly wrong. I'm moving house next week,
so it'll be a while before I get to look at it in detail, but I added
Mark Shannon to the issue's nosy list. He's been working on a few
patches lately to clean up generator related state handling in
general, so he may have some insight into this.

Cheers,
Nick.