[Python-Dev] PEP 417: Adding mock to the Python Standard Library

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Mar 13 00:31:29 CET 2012

More to the point, I am approving the PEP.

We chatted briefly at the sprint and I just want to emphasize that the
external version should not grow new features before the stdlib
version has those same features (we don't want users complaining that
the stdlib version is no good). Also, if you have some new features
you're planning to add, add them now, before inclusion into the
stdlib; and likewise, if you have some things you would like to
remove, remove them now.

Good luck!

--Guido

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Gregory P. Smith <greg at krypto.org> wrote:
> +10 for the record.  (given we all already agreed upon this in the summit :)
>
> make it so.
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Michael Foord <michael at voidspace.org.uk>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> At the Python Language Summit adding the "mock" library to the Python
>> Standard Library was discussed and agreed. Here is a very brief PEP covering
>> the decision and rationale.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Michael Foord
>>

>> --
>> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/
>>

>> May you do good and not evil
>> May you find forgiveness for yourself and forgive others
>> May you share freely, never taking more than you give.
>> -- the sqlite blessing
>> http://www.sqlite.org/different.html

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)