[Python-Dev] Docs of weak stdlib modules should encourage exploration of 3rd-party alternatives

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 05:03:10 CET 2012

> Rather than indicating apathy on the party of third party developers, this
> might be a sign that core Python is unapproachable or not worth the effort.
>
> For instance I have several one line patches languishing, I can't imagine
> how disappointing it would be to have significantly larger patches ignored,
> but it happens.

A one-line patch for a complex module or piece of code may require
much more than looking at that single line to really review. I hope
you understand that.

That said, if you find any issues in the bug tracker that in your
opinion need only a few minutes of attention from a core developer,
feel free to send a note to the mentorship mailing list. People
sometimes come there asking for precisely this thing (help reviewing a
simple patch they submitted), and usually get help quickly if their
request is justified.

Eli