[Python-Dev] Drop the new time.wallclock() function?

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Mar 14 06:24:20 CET 2012

The performancecounter is a thing that typically gets intercepted by
the VM infrastructure and does no longer work as a reliable timing
source. In PyPy there are tests which check certain assumptions
how much the performancecounter must advance at least between
a few opcodes, and that does not work in a VM.

cheers - Chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tismer at stackless.com>
14482 Potsdam                :     PGP key ->  http://pgp.uni-mainz.de