[Python-Dev] Docs of weak stdlib modules should encourage exploration of 3rd-party alternatives

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Wed Mar 14 10:58:10 CET 2012

Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> > For instance I have several one line patches languishing, I can't imagine
> > how disappointing it would be to have significantly larger patches ignored,
> > but it happens.
>
> Can you give a pointer to these one-liners?

Almost a one-liner, but vast knowledge required (how do you prove that
using (freefunc) is safe if it's the first usage in the tree?).

http://bugs.python.org/file21610/atexit-leak.patch

I think there are many issues like that one where the implications
of a short patch can only be assessed by small number of committers.

Stefan Krah