[Python-Dev] sharing sockets among processes on windows

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Mar 15 01:32:17 CET 2012

Great.  I was about to write unittests for my patch, when I found out that I wanted to use multiprocessing to run them.
So, I decided that the tests rather belonged in there rather than test_socket.py.  This is where I stumbled upon code that multiprocessing uses to transfer sockets for unix.  I need to read that code and understand it and see if it can be persuaded to magically work on windows too.