[Python-Dev] cpython: PEP 417: Adding unittest.mock

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:54:43 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> On the topic of docs.... mock documentation is about eight pages long. My intention was to strip this down to just the api documentation, along with a link to the docs on my site for further examples and so on. I was encouraged here at the sprints to include the full documentation instead (minus the mock library comparison page and the front page can be cut down). So this is what I am now intending to include. It does mean the mock documentation will be "extensive".

Don't forgot you also have the option of splitting out a separate
HOWTO tutorial section, leaving the main docs as a pure API reference.
(I personally find that style easier to use than the ones which try to
address both needs in the main module docs).

Cheers,
Nick.