[Python-Dev] Python install layout and the PATH on win32

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Mar 17 01:43:11 CET 2012

On 17/03/2012 7:22 AM, Carl Meyer wrote:

> I don't want to make the internal layout of a virtualenv differ from the
> system Python layout on the same platform, which (IIUC) was Mark's proposal.

Just to be clear, I made that suggestion in an effort to keep both
myself and Van - that the Python executable would remain in the same
place for installed Pythons in the interests of b/w compat, but change
it in the virtual env in an effort to keep Van happy when working in
such environments.  I now fully concede that was a dumb idea :)

Mark