[Python-Dev] Python install layout and the PATH on win32

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 21:15:49 CET 2012

On 20 March 2012 19:35, Lindberg, Van <Van.Lindberg at haynesboone.com> wrote:
> I would like to know if you would object to user lib installs matching
> the system install. I.e., would it cause problems with you if it were
> just 'lib' everywhere, with no 'lib/python{version}'? It sounded like
> adding the version directory was the issue.

User lib installs don't bother me as I don't use them. But yes, it's
the version directory that bothers me.

So if you're proposing simply making the user lib install match the
system install, both being lust "lib", then that's fine. I was
somewhat confused about what you were proposing, that's all.

Paul.