[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs

Łukasz Rekucki lrekucki at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:06:11 CET 2012

On 21 March 2012 13:38, Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> wrote:
> On 3/21/2012 6:16 AM, Oleg Broytman wrote:

>>> I realise this is bikeshedding by now, but FWIW, please don't. If
>>> people want shorter lines, they can narrow their browser, without
>>> forcing that preference on the rest of us.
>>
>>    Seconded. My display is 1920x1200 but I use very large fonts and I'm
>> satisfied with line lengths.
>
> The best thing to do is to set a max-width in ems, say 50em. This leaves the
> text at a reasonable width, but adapts naturally for people with larger
> fonts.
>
> --Ned.

FYI, the current paragraph font size on docs.python.org is 16px, while
for http://www.python.org/~gbrandl/build/html/ it's 13px, so
increasing that should help readability :) You can use @media queries
to adjust it to screen resolution, which should solve the problem with
long lines.

--
Łukasz Rekucki