[Python-Dev] New PEP

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 02:15:21 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Huan Do <doboy0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was not completely familiar with itertools but itertools.islice() seems to
> have the functionality that I propose. It is great that  there already exist
> a solution that does not change python's syntax. Unless anyone wants to
> pursue this proposal I will drop it next week.

Just as a further follow-up on the recommended approach for making
suggestions: for initial concepts like this one, the "python-ideas"
mailing list is the preferred venue. It's intended for initial
validation and refinement of suggestions to see if they're a
reasonable topic for the main development list. Many ideas don't make
it past the python-ideas stage (either because they have too many
problems, they get redirected to a third party PyPI project, or
existing alternatives are pointed out, as happened in this case).

Regards,
Nick.