[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:57:18 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
> 3. Make the sidebar separately scrollable, so that it stays visible when
> scrolling down in the text.  This would make it much easier to jump from
> section to section, if the TOC didn't get lost in the process.

-1. The downside of separate scrolling is that you lose the ability to
scroll-wheel the main docs if your mouse is over the TOC. I'd rather
it stay as a single page, so it doesn't matter where my pointer is
when I scroll.

But I realise I'm bikeshedding this a bit. Bottom line: I'll use
Python, and docs.python.org, regardless of the design and layout... so
I'll let the expert(s) decide this one.

ChrisA