[Python-Dev] PendingDeprecationWarning

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Mar 22 22:13:27 CET 2012

My impression is that the original reason for PendingDeprecationWarning
versus DeprecationWarning was to be off by default until the last
release before removal. But having DeprecationWarnings on by default was
found to be too obnoxious and it too is off by default. So do we still
need PendingDeprecationWarnings? My impression is that it is mostly not
used, as it is a nuisance to remember to change from one to the other.
The deprecation message can always indicate the planned removal time. I
searched the Developer's Guide for both deprecation and
DeprecationWarning and found nothing.

--
Terry Jan Reedy