[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Mar 22 22:18:35 CET 2012

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:57:18 +1100, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
> > 3. Make the sidebar separately scrollable, so that it stays visible when
> > scrolling down in the text.  This would make it much easier to jump from
> > section to section, if the TOC didn't get lost in the process.
>
> -1. The downside of separate scrolling is that you lose the ability to
> scroll-wheel the main docs if your mouse is over the TOC. I'd rather
> it stay as a single page, so it doesn't matter where my pointer is
> when I scroll.

I agree, and I don't use a mousewheel much.  I use pentadactyl, and in
that case sometimes the keyboard focus ends up in the TOC and then the
scrolling keys scroll the wrong thing (or appear to do nothing, since
such things are generally shorter than my screen...) and I can never
remember the key sequence to change the focus, because *most* sites I
don't have that problem with.

For whatever that's worth :)

--David