[Python-Dev] Setting up a RHEL6 buildbot

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Fri Mar 23 09:03:15 CET 2012

> I'm looking into getting a RHEL6 system set up to add to the buildbot
> fleet. The info already on the wiki [1] is pretty helpful, but does
> anyone have any suggestions on appropriate CPU/memory/disk
> allocations?

The Fedora bot has been running ultra-stable under qemu with 512MB
allocated for the VM. I've never limited CPU or disk space. On an i7
quad core with 8GB of memory, I've been running two buildbot VMs,
four deccheck processes at 100% CPU and a web server without any
kind of noticable performance degradation.

Stefan Krah