[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Mar 24 04:30:07 CET 2012

On Mar 23, 2012 9:16 PM, "Greg Ewing" <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>
>> "do I have to resize my browser every time I visit a new site to get a
decent width for reading".

> If all sites left the width to the browser, then I would
> be able to make my browser window a width that is comfortable
> for me with my chosen font size and leave it that way.
> The only time a site forces me to resize my window is when
> it thinks it has a better idea than me how wide the text
> should be.

Weird - I have the exact *opposite* problem, where I have to resize my
window because somebody *didn't* set their text max-width sanely (to a
reasonable value based on ems instead of pixels), and I have nearly 1920
pixels of raw text spanning my screen.  Bloody impossible to read that way.

But I guess this is going to turn into one of those vi vs. emacs holy war
things...

(Personally, I prefer jEdit, or nano if absolutely forced to edit in a
terminal. Heretical, I know.  To the comfy chair with me!)