[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs, iteration 2

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Sun Mar 25 14:34:07 CEST 2012

Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> > Do you mean a fixed search box like this one?
> >
> > http://coq.inria.fr/documentation
> >
> > Please don't do this, I find scrolling exceptionally distracting in the
> > presence of fixed elements.
>
> Does it bother you when the header is fixed and contains
> the search box?  I prefer that arrangement, anyway.

Do you have an example website? In general fixed elements distract me
greatly. This also applies to the '<<' element in the collapsible
sidebar. When I'm scrolling, it's almost the center of my attention
(when I should be focusing on the text).

Perhaps users can discover the collapsible sidebar without the '<<' hint?
Or let it move up like in the existing version?

Stefan Krah