[Python-Dev] Virtualenv not portable from Python 2.7.2 to 2.7.3 (os.urandom missing)

Carl Meyer carl at oddbird.net
Thu Mar 29 18:54:17 CEST 2012

Thanks Jason for raising this. I just assumed that this was virtualenv's
fault (which it is) and didn't consider raising it here, but a note in
the release notes for the affected Python versions will certainly reach
many more of the likely-to-be-affected users.

FTR, I confirmed that the issue also affects the upcoming point releases
for 3.1 and 3.2, as well as 2.6 and 2.7. Jason filed issue 14444 to
track the addition to the release notes for those versions.

Carl