[Python-Dev] Issue 14417: consequences of new dict runtime error

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:41:53 CEST 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Etienne Robillard <animelovin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guido,
>
> I'm sorry for being unclear! I just try actually to learn what thoses
> consequences for theses 'unattended' mutations in dictionary key lookups
> could be, :-)
>
> however, it seems now that I might have touch a nerve without realizing it.
> I would therefore appreciate more light on this "issue" if you like
> to enlighten us all. :D

Etienne,

For those that need to understand the issue in order to further
consider the consequences of the change, RDM has already explained the
problem quite clearly. If you'd like a more in-depth explanation,
please ask the question again over on core-mentorship at python.org. It's
not an appropriate topic for the main development list.

Regards,
Nick.