[Python-Dev] Open PEPs and large-scale changes for 3.3

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Tue May 1 14:11:15 CEST 2012

On 5/1/2012 7:57 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
> With 3.3a3 tagged and the beta stage currently 2 months away, I would like
> to draw your attention to the following list of possible features for 3.3
> as specified by PEP 398:

> Also, if I missed any obvious candidate PEP or change, please let me know.

I'd like to include PEP 420, Implicit Namespace Packages. We discussed
it at PyCon, and a sample implementation is available at
features/pep-420. Barry Warsaw, Jason Coombs, and I are sprinting this
Thursday to hopefully finish up tests and other loose ends. Then we'll
ask that it be accepted. If accepted, we should be able to get it in
before alpha 4.

Eric.