[Python-Dev] time.clock_info() field names

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri May 4 02:12:37 CEST 2012

On 04May2012 01:47, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
| I prefer "adjustable", because no OS tell us if the clock has an
| ajustement or not... except Windows: see GetSystemTimeAdjustment().
| http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724394%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
|
| I propose to rename is_adjusted (which is now called adjusted) to
| adjustable,

I'm -1 on that. To my mind "adjustable" suggests that the caller can
adjust the clock, while "adjusted" suggests that the clock may be adjusted
by a mechanism outside the caller's hands. That latter is the meaning
in the context of the PEP.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I'm not making any of this up you know. - Anna Russell