[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Issue #14127: Add ns= parameter to utime, futimes, and lutimes.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri May 4 08:36:37 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
> Finally, I appreciate the feedback, but... why post it to python-dev?  You
> could have sent me private email, or posted to the issue (#14127), the
> latter of which would have enabled using rich chocolaty Rietveld.  I've seen
> a bunch of comments on checkins posted here and it all leaves me scratching
> my head.

It's just the way post-checkin review is set up - the "Follow-up-to"
header for the python-checkins mailing list is python-dev. Such
comments are rare enough and the fact that they apply to already
committed code is important enough that there hasn't been a major push
to get the scheme changed to anything else (by contrast, the old
process where comments went back to python-checkins *was* problematic,
as they would get lost in the flow of actual checkin messages, hence
the switch to the current system).

Cheers,
Nick.