[Python-Dev] Does trunk still support any compilers that *don't* allow declaring variables after code?

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Fri May 4 19:03:44 CEST 2012

> I don't have the time to figure it out right now, but I'll look more
> into it later.

I recently did an analysis here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-January/115375.html

The motivation for C++ compilation is gone meanwhile, as VS now supports
C in WinRT apps quite well. However, the conclusions still stand: dealing
with static type objects will be tricky.

Of course, I would also like to eliminate static type objects as much
as possible.

This then leaves the issue with the casts, which might be considered clutter.

Regards,
Martin