[Python-Dev] PEP 405 (pyvenv) and system Python upgrades

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 5 10:38:28 CEST 2012

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Personally, I expect that "always update your virtual environment
> binaries after updating the system Python to a new point release" will
> itself become a recommended practice when using virtual environments.

Of course, the venv update tool will need to only update environments which were
set up with the particular version of Python which was updated. ISTM pyvenv.cfg
will need to have a version=X.Y.Z line in it, which is added during venv
creation. That information will be used by the tool to only update specific
environments.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip