[Python-Dev] Recording BDFL delegates for PEPs

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun May 6 08:45:32 CEST 2012

At Barry's suggestion (following my PEP 1 updates), I've also updated
the PEP 0 generation machinery to handle an explicit "BDFL-Delegate"
field.

You can see an example here with PEP 3151:
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3151/

I also updated the 3 PEPs that are on my plate (405, 415 and 3144). If
there's anyone else that got tapped as a PEP czar, please update the
corresponding PEPs in the repo.

For the moment, I suggest leaving your email address out of this
field. The email obfuscation is applied on a field-by-field basis, and
the formatter for reStructuredText PEPs actually lives in the docutils
upstream rather than being included directly in the PEPs repo the way
the plaintext formatter is.

Cheers,
Nick.