[Python-Dev] Adding types.build_class for 3.3

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:15:58 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> As for build_class: at the moment the types module really only has types,
> and to add build_class there is just about as weird as in operator IMO.

Oh no, types is definitely less weird - at least it's related to the
type system, whereas the operator module is about operator syntax
(attrgetter, itemgetter and index are at least related to the dot
operator and subscripting syntax)

Benjamin's suggestion of a class method on type may be a good one,
though. Then the invocation (using all arguments) would be:

  mcl.build_class(name, bases, keywords, exec_body)

Works for me, so unless someone else can see a problem I've missed,
we'll go with that.

Cheers,
Nick.