[Python-Dev] docs.python.org pointing to Python 3 by default?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon May 21 18:03:31 CEST 2012

On 5/21/2012 3:24 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

> docs.python.org/latest
> docs.python.org/dev
> docs.python.org/3.2
> docs.python.org/3.1
> docs.python.org/2.7
> docs.python.org/2.6
> etc...

This looks great except for 'latest', which is ambiguous and awkward.

Like Guido, I would have docs2 and docs3 link to the latest of each
series. This gives both series equal billing. docs itself could then
become a *neutral* index page. In retrospect, I wish we had done this a
year ago.

This design would continue to work if and when we need docs4.python.org.

--
Terry Jan Reedy