[Python-Dev] Using Wiki for Python development coordination

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 16:53:57 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> I'll admit that the current content is just a reformatted version of what was
> there before, but tidied up and making better use of vertical space, and it
> could be improved. Certainly, there isn't a core development section, so
> perhaps I'll just add what you suggest.

Thanks! That brings visibility of that rather critical section up to the highest
point possible. =)

> I know how you dislike the Moin
> markup, Anatoly. ;-)

Yes, I even think about further enhancing "Using this Wiki" part to
erase references to Moin help pages. They are a little bit misleading
to me and if somebody needs help on Moin - there is a side menu. I'd
like to change it from:

----
Feel free to add more useful stuff (see HelpContents and HelpOnEditing
to learn how), but do us a favour and do tests in the WikiSandBox if
you're not accustomed to Wiki technologies. If you're new to Wikis,
please read WikiWikiWeb.

 See WikiGuidelines for details of the policies and rules governing this Wiki.

 See SiteImprovements for a discussion of improvements to this Wiki
and other related sites.

 See RecentChanges for a history, available in RSS format. To see
pages which need writing, take a look at DesiredPages.

To report problems or to help out, please contact the python.org maintainers.
----

----
This Wiki is community place to gather and organize all things about
Python. Feel free to exercise your editorial skills and expertise to
improve it into a useful knowledge base and up-to-date reference on
different matters.

There are some WikiGuidelines if you feel lost. SiteImprovements
contains TODO list with various tasks you can help with. Check
RecentChanges frequently to read the news (also available in RSS).

In case of emergency please contact the python.org maintainers, or pop
up in pydotorg-www to say "help".
----