[Python-Dev] problems building python2.7

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 18:48:18 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> On 09/11/2012 10:52, Michael Foord wrote:
>>
>> It should be python.exe (yes really).
>
> Hah! Should http://docs.python.org/devguide/ be updated to reflect this or
> does this only affect Mac OS? (or should we correct the build so it doesn't
> spit out a .exe?)

That link already mentions this information in the top "Quick Start" section:

"3. Run the tests with ./python -m test -j3 (use ./python.exe on most
Mac OS X systems and PCbuild\python_d.exe on Windows; replace test
with test.regrtest for 2.7)."

But it would probably be good to repeat this information in certain
locations, for example in the more detailed sections on building and
running tests.

--Chris