[Python-Dev] Relatwd: py3 import strategy (was: Setting project home path the best way(

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sun Nov 11 21:53:40 CET 2012

Once again on this:

With the introduction of module folders
without __init__, it has become even harder to deduce a sensible project root
Dir without relying on a global settings file. Abd as you probably agree, such files are a bad idea. Any global is bad, also in the file system.

Guido, this is another reason why I dislike the absence of __init__. :

Rhere is no longer an indicator that pretty clearly defines the root of my module heirarchy.

Cheers, hoping for enlightment - chris

Sent from my Ei4Steve