[Python-Dev] Keyword meanings [was: Accept just PEP-0426]

Jim J. Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:58:54 CET 2012

Vinay Sajip reworded the 'Provides-Dist' definition to explicitly say:

> The use of multiple names in this field *must not* be used for
> bundling distributions together. It is intended for use when
> projects are forked and merged over time ...

(1)  Then how *should* the "bundle-of-several-components" case be
represented?

(2)  How is 'Provides-Dist' different from 'Obsoletes-Dist'?
The only difference I can see is that it may be a bit more polite
to people who do want to install multiple versions of a (possibly
abstract) package.

-jJ

--

If there are still threading problems with my replies, please
email me with details, so that I can try to resolve them.  -jJ