[Python-Dev] Proposed schedule for Python 3.4

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Wed Oct 3 13:27:37 CEST 2012

Howdy howdy.  Unless someone has a better idea, I'm the release manager
for Python 3.4.  I've roughed out a release schedule, assuming a
16-month period between 3.3 and 3.4.  It works out to having 3.4 ship
about seven weeks before the PyCon 2014 core dev sprint, so even if we
slip some we should still have a fresh 3.5 "default" branch open for
some hacking.

Here are the dates, note that they're all Saturdays:

    - 3.4.0 alpha 1: August 3, 2013
    - 3.4.0 alpha 2: August 31, 2013
    - 3.4.0 alpha 3: September 28, 2013
    - 3.4.0 alpha 4: October 19, 2013
    - 3.4.0 beta 1: November 23, 2013

    (Beta 1 is also "feature freeze"--no new features beyond this point.)

    - 3.4.0 beta 2: January 4, 2014
    - 3.4.0 candidate 1: January 18, 2014
    - 3.4.0 candidate 2: February 1, 2014
    - 3.4.0 final: February 22, 2014

I welcome your feedback--without any further input I'll go ahead and
post this as a PEP in a week or so.

Happy hacking,

//arry/