[Python-Dev] Proposed schedule for Python 3.4

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Oct 3 18:34:27 CEST 2012

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:19:57 -0500, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/03/2012 05:28 PM, Brian Curtin wrote:
> >
> > The webstats in April 2012 show 5628 downloads of 3.3a1 and 4946
> > downloads of 3.3a2 Windows installers.
> >

> > I'd love to know how much feedback we got as a result of these downloads.
> > Do we have any way of telling?
>
> Not really, but I guess we could query the tracker for the time frame
> the alphas were fresh and poke around.

There *were* bug reports during the alpha phase.  A number of regressions
were caught.  Also, there were more alpha-phase bug reports than
I remember getting for 3.2.  I remember thinking, "wow, cool, we're
actually getting regression bug reports during the alpha phase, people
must actually be testing this time".

--David