[Python-Dev] Proposed schedule for Python 3.4

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Thu Oct 4 13:12:30 CEST 2012

Am 04.10.2012 12:49, schrieb Dirkjan Ochtman:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Christian Heimes <christian at python.org> wrote:
>> Two days ago NIST announced the SHA-3 contest winner. My wrapper of
>> keccak https://bitbucket.org/tiran/pykeccak/ is almost ready and just
>> needs some cleanup and more tests. Once it's done I'll remove the Python
>> 3.2 and 2.x compatibility code and integrate it into 3.4.
>
> See also https://github.com/bjornedstrom/python-sha3.

Björn began his implementation about the same time I made my first
experiments. He even ran into the same issue with block_size. I've
compared his code with my code in ticket http://bugs.python.org/issue16113 .

doesn't require additional Python subclasses. Björns code has better
unit tests as I haven't committed the test suite yet.