[Python-Dev] Should 2to3 convert Exceptions from

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 21:48:48 CEST 2012

I work offline from remote location about 2000m above the sea level. There
is no internet connection here, so I can not use tracker online. I need a
Python editor here, and I have Spyder checkout. The problem is that my
installation has only Python3. I've tried using 2to3 from setup.py
(attached), but it fails when I execute:

$ sudo python3 setup.py install

stderr.log and stdout.log are attached. Is it the intended behavior?
It is also hard find "Porting Python 2 Code to Python 3" article, because
it is not referenced from "Porting to Python 3.x" chapters.

anatoly t.