[Python-Dev] Coverity scan

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Mon Sep 3 15:59:59 CEST 2012

Hello everybody,

two weeks ago Stefan Krah asked for a current Coverity scan report.
Coverity has updated us to a new version with a new workflow. Before the
update Coverity pulled the code from our version control system. However
the latest version doesn't work that way. The code must be compiled with
the Coverity tool chain, published to a public web server and then
downloaded by Coverity.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2012-August/002134.html

It's easy, doesn't take much effort and can easily be automated, but
somebody has to do it. The process should also be placed on the Python
infrastructure and I don't have access. Secondly somebody has to contact
Coverity to apply for an upload account. I tried my user account without
success.

It be nice if we get Coverity scans up and running this week to check
the upcoming release candidate for issues.

Christian